Saturday, July 15, 2006

All Vegas Team

Vegas Summer League has been completed. Here are my All Vegas Summer Team members. Stay tuned for my Rocky Mountain Revue Team as well as the all Summer League Team. Also I suggest anyone that doesnt have NBA TV to seriously consider getting it, these games are entertaining as hell.

Note: Minimum of 4 games played to be considered here.

PG John Lucas III Houston- Maybe the best performing player overall from a statistical standpoint. Averaged over 20 PPG and 7 assists. Will he make the roster? I say he does but I wouldnt rule out a lucrative offer coming in from a team overseas that he accepts instead as he is still undersized and his game is not clearly translatable to the NBA.

SG Randy Foye Min- He was expected to be the man in this league and he indeed was. I do not consider him to be a PG as he is more of a shooting guard that can play the point. Either way he was a scoring machine against competition that was for the most part above average. As of now I think Foye is the preseason favorite for Rookie of the Year honors.

SF Kevin Martin Sac- Had a breakout season last year and I am not really sure of why Sacramento needed him to play in this league. Great scorer, can run with anyone should be even more of a focus for the Kings this year. Sleeper team (not really but still) watch out for them this year.

PF David Lee NY- Very tough call here as there were many candidates that could've been here instead of Lee, Ryan Gomes being the toughest omission. Anyway I went with Lee as the action that I saw he was the most active player on the floor,doing all the little things that help the team win. Averages of 15 PPG and 9 PPG show how solid he was. A very valuable chip for NY right now, will Isiah keep him around?

C Andray Blatche Wash - Had his second solid summer league season although there wasnt a lot to choose from at the center position. Blatche is a very athletic big man who has plenty to learn before he is ready for big time action. Two years away in my opinion of contributing to a winning team.

Honorable mentions-

Ryan Gomes F Bos- Celtics had a very strong team with Telfair, Green, and Rondo among others but Gomes was clearly a man among boys here. In fact I think he really had no business being here except to work on his outside game (which he did). Major player next year in Boston. Not a superstar but SOLID.

James Singleton F LAC- Summer league veteran who really showed off the skills that he doesnt get to show playing on a contended like the Clippers. Wow did I just say that? Anyway in the games I saw he seemed to be working more on his outside game. I think hes a player and could help many teams.

Oleksiy Pecherov F Wash- I like this kid. The pick to Washington in the first round baffled me a bit but he is a very good prospect. Not sure how much he will contribute this season, he should be in the rotation though at least to start the season.

No comments: